We believe in communities of equal opportunity. Every person should have the chance to fulfil their potential, have access to a supportive network and be fearless.
Founded in 2015, The DREAM Project provides a source of inspiration and motivation for students and families from refugee backgrounds to integrate with the Australian community. We do this by helping them with their studies, preparing them for work and just being their friend.
We currently mentor refugee students in high schools within our girls program, boys program and provide weekend activities through DREAM Girls Club.
1. Close interaction between refugees and Australian volunteers
2. Engagement with relevant community groups: schools, councils, government agencies,other non-government organisations, other community groups
3. Professional approach to recruiting, supporting and developing volunteers
4. Volunteer capability building through leadership training
Become a DREAM volunteer!
All volunteers go through a Leadership Program
We are seeking:
— Skills for life coaches
— Trainers and Facilitators
— Recruiters, Administrators and Coordinators
— Marketers and Content Creators
— Fundraisers and Grant writers
DREAM Girls Club
Our DREAM Girls Club provides an encouraging environment for high school students from refugee backgrounds with fun activities for girls to boost their confidence and to develop their character. It is also a safe, fun and supportive environment that includes talks, games and friendship for local girls.
Girls Club activities for 2019:
- ‘Natural skin care and make up’ – 12 October 2019 – 10.00am – 12.00pm
- ‘Coogee to Bondi Coastal Walk’ – 10 November 2019 – 10:30am – 4:30pm
DREAM Girls Club Coordinator Marichell on 9663 2628
Tutoring is a great experience because you are working with students who are very keen to learn and are extremely grateful for your help.
April '16 - Student at UNSW
It is truly heartwarming to be able to assist these teenagers in some way so that they are able to feel like there are people who are taking the time to help and care for them.
February '18 - Student at ACU
I volunteer in DREAM because I like to have new experiences. It will make me open to new ideas and perhaps help me with writing . I also get to make new friends and I like to help people.
February '18 - Student at WSU